Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

ebay

luvub40

Cavy Slave
C & K, I love sterling silver and am looking at the charms and vintage charms and bracelets. Are the warnings about the jewelry for gold and diamonds?
{By the way, look up 'dolphin faucet'. the water comes out of the dolphins mouth. I'd get that if I was re-doing my daughter's bathroom.Oh well, it was nice to look at.}
Some time ago, the autographed(by most of the cast)script for General Hospital's 35th Anniversary was up for bid. I wanted it soo bad! It had the autograph of an actor who had then recently passed and was one of the few remaining original cast members. My highest bid was $300-I absolutely couldn't go any higher and I lost by a small amount. I found out at work that I lost and I cried. I used to be a diehard fan and looking back I can't believe how upset I was. In the grand scheme of things, that was small potatoes, you know?

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
General Hospital is great. I love ebay for the thrill of the win. I am one of those annoying people that bid at the very last second. It is like a sport to me.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
I bought my Ipod Mini off off Ebay a month ago. I was very worried that the seller wouldn't ship the Ipod, but everything was fine. The transaction was great. I paid for my iten with a cashier's check from my bank where I have one of my accounts. I got a receipt of my check. But, I still completly don't trust Ebay.

C&K

Cavy Slave
C & K, I love sterling silver and am looking at the charms and vintage charms and bracelets. Are the warnings about the jewelry for gold and diamonds?

I think it is for mostly new jewelry. Vintage is a different bird all together. If the seller has a good reputation, lots of sales and positive feedback, i would not worry too much about it. I would not be worried so much with silver, just keep in mind, it may not actually be that great of a "deal", but if you like the piece, maybe that is not really the important factor. Again, make sure you get tracking or signed delivery, depending on the value of the object.

I am one of those annoying people that bid at the very last second. It is like a sport to me.
Yup, so am I, my mother sells ukrainian eggs on Ebay, it usually is the "annoying last minute bidders" that win. However, we love nothing more then to see early bidders come along and start the bidding early, and keep bidding, really drives the price up! If you want a decent price for something, don't bid until the last possible moment that you can, then set a by proxy bid for the maximum amount you are willing to pay.

For example, if you had not bid $300 early, but waited, and the price stayed at $250.00 until the last minute, the person who won may have put a by proxy bid down for $275.00. Then, you would have won. However, the bidder who has told themselves that $275.00 is the highest they will go, will see your $300.00 bid, and change their minds, bidding even higher.

(That is, if you did indeed, not place a last minute bet of course!)

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
That is how I do it. If want something bad enough I pretty much stalk the thing online until the last minute. I will set an alarm to let me know that there are 5 mnutes left in the biddng. It is really kind of sad lol.

smoot

Cavy Slave
Okay, I just have to know - Cavies & Kids, why did you need pinecones?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.