Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nails/Nail Trimming Easy way to keep nails trimmed.

Tensonstar

Cavy Slave
So i put grip tap from a unused part that was for a skateboard that i got at the local skate shop and i put it on my piggies ramp to help them climb. I realized after a month that there nails were perfectly trimmed. Thought that was pretty cool :]

Doesn't it hurt the pads on the bottom of their feet? Have you noticed any problems with that?

I don't think that's a very good idea. The rough surface would abrade the the skin on their paws and cause medical problems.

Ouuuuucch.

I put a brick under there water bottle so that way it catches the water drops and helps keep there nails down :)

I tried the brick under the water bottle. It didn't work at all.

Has anyone ever had problems with the brick hurting their pads?

It works really well for me. And their pads look fine!

there pads look fine, it dosent seem to bother them at all. and the whole thing isnt cover i jest put two long strips on part of the ramp. the only problem ive had is poop sticks to it, so regardless im changing it soon

I tried grit tape. One of them scraped the top of her feet on it and rubbed all the hair off, and they both tried to eat it. Goodbye, grit tape.

i sorry to hear that :(
maybe a lesser grip would work, like how sand paper has different types of grip. i can rub my hand really hard on it and it dosent hurt at all but grips well. and i stuck mine within the perimeter of the ramp so they cant eat it.

and jest to let you know ive know covered the grip tape with a bathroom mat i cut into the shape, since the poop sticks to it. i think there enjoying it ;]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.