Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Double decker cage is done! (Thanks Pinky!)

ShelbysPiggies

Cavy Slave
So after months of our 2 boars having to share a 2x4 (separated), we spent 5 days working on building a double decker (ok, technically a triple decker). The boys are happy with all the room they have now!

The top middle grids are only secured at 2 places in the middle so we can cut the zip ties and use as doors when changing out the fleece. Also, since we have dogs, the 2 middle grids are attached only at the top so they can flip up to make the bottom cage easier to access. We do have a baby gate up, but we don't always keep it up (I trip over it ).

Long story short, the piggies are safe and have tons of room to romp and popcorn! Now to get hem more things to play with now heh.

P.s. I don't know why the pictures are sideways and upside down... I would delete and re-upload (not sure if that would work though) but I can't figure out how to delete. Anyway, here they are!

Double decker cage is done!  (Thanks Pinky!)Double decker cage is done!  (Thanks Pinky!)Double decker cage is done!  (Thanks Pinky!)

@ShelbysPiggies, I'm so glad it worked out. I'll bet your boys are in PIGGY heaven..... The fleece forest is a nice finishing touch!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.