Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Eyes/Non-crusty Don't know what to think

mommmyof2

Cavy Slave
One of Princess's babies(the brown and white one) right eye is smaller than the left eye. Does that make a difference at all? Will it affect him in the future? Is there anything I may be able to do?

I have had very little experience with pups. But I sure hope the baby is going to be okay. I don't know if that is bad or not. Sorry I couldn't help you out. Just pray on that lil' piggy he'll be okay.

It's ok. He doesn't have any discharge or anything. His right is just smaller than the left eye. Kinda like when a person has one eye smaller than the other. I just hope it doesn't affect his sight as he gets older. He's fine right now with it though.

Is this ok? Or should I be concerned? Has anyone had a gp with one normal sized eye and the other smaller?

Ive never experienced this, but I would ask your vet.

Ive never experienced this, but I would ask your vet.

Thanks. He was born with his eyes that way. I will call the vet and see what she says.

No problem! Update us on what he said, I hope everything is fine with the pup. If you can, post a picture of the eyes

Thanks I will make an update on him as soon as I know anything. I will also post pictures of both his eyes to show you.

I think his hair was over his eye Lol. His eyes are both the same. Phew I thought something was wrong.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.