Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives DONE! What do you think!?

Rhyue

Cavy Slave
Nice work there, I love how clean and well built it all looks! Very stylish.

My only question is if you have some sort of layer between the wall and the cage? Thats a pretty low edge next to the wall so it'd probably be easy for stuff to get on the ledge/in the crack there or all over the wall in general which might cause some issues, especially after a few years.

I know two of my boys are filthy little buggers, they like to try to spray each other and even with my 14+ inch tall back I still find urine splashed an inch or two above it on the actual wall sometimes (they're really close, if separated they'll cry to each-other and sometimes groom each-other, but still engage in a lot of non-violent dominance stuff, even after being together for 2 years).

MuggleMaggie

Cavy Slave
My only question is if you have some sort of layer between the wall and the cage? Thats a pretty low edge next to the wall so it'd probably be easy for stuff to get on the ledge/in the crack there or all over the wall in general which might cause some issues, especially after a few years..

It's screwed right to the wall, and then there is a line of caulking between the board and the wall. It's a permanent fixture. It's part of the house now. lol nothing is getting in there.

That was one thing I needed to be sure of, too. Piggies can be... pigs. hahaha.

MuggleMaggie

Cavy Slave
Oh, wow! That is awesome! I'm thinking about updating our cage and moving them from our son's room to one of the living areas so they will have more space. This has given me a whole lot of ideas!

Glad I could help! I got the idea from [MENTION=19358]Inle_Rabbit[/MENTION], though. So, I can't claim credit. We tweaked it to fit our needs, of course, but the look and feel of it was based on hers.

pocketmonster

Cavy Slave
WOW! I could sure spend a few hours a day in that room, myself! So much to watch and learn from :) How awesome of a momma you are for providing such a space. Love it! :eek:

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Love the cage and the color. Black goes with all decor, and the color bursts come from the fleece and a. I also love the decals on the wall. How many piggies do you have?

MuggleMaggie

Cavy Slave
Three! One on top and two on bottom. :)

guinysmom

Cavy Slave
It looks great! I am sure your piggies are happy.

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
It looks great! I love how you used the space!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.