Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dogs Die to Teach Peru Soldiers How to Kill

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Disgusting. Click here to read.

Butterscotch2

Cavy Slave
why would anyone want to do such a cruel thing to a poor dog. Did the dog do anything to them? I think not. All that just to show how brave they cna be and that they are "ruthless killers". *sigh*

fourboys4now

Cavy Slave
That makes perfect sense to me, tie up a defenseless animal, stab it repeatedly, kill it, eat it. Of course that makes them so brave! What were they thinking? How does torturing a poor dog make you brave? Did they go to their peers and say woohoo I am big and bad and killed that tied up dog!?! I vote the soldiers be tied up and let the dogs have their fun.

wiggley_narco

Cavy Gazer
Oh, God. That made me so sick.

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
I vote the soldiers be tied up and let the dogs have their fun.

Me too. They should really think before they act. Just because they are soldiers and are fighting for the country, doesn't give them special rights to be cruel!

OSUCavies

Cavy Slave
I don't know what to say...

I am repulsed.

I can only hope that the human race SOME DAY will feel secure enough to stop taking their anger, pain, hatred, aggression, etc out on the wrong people/things.

What is this world coming to?

xPiggiesx

Cavy Slave
Oh god..That seriously made me cry. =( How can anyone do that to a defenseless animal?!

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
I noticed the article was actually from 2002. But I'm sure the same kind of thing is still going on over there today....

It's so barbaric. Those dogs are suffering and dying to teach men how to kill. Don't you think they'll come back from training or war having that same drive to kill when faced with the rest of the world? I would think if they could do that to innocent dogs, they could do that to innocent men.

Justin

Cavy Slave
They say the first murder is always the hardest one, regardless of legality and/or morality. After that, it gets easier. Homicide rate is higher among veterans.

Killing defenseless animals could, and probably will make the soldiers less hesitant in real combat, especially when the enemies are armed/unarmed civilian.

I think that training soldiers to be able to kill innocent people is the whole purpose. Side effects including veterans appreciating less of their own or other lives are marginal cost compare to Power that political leaders achieve through it.

~Fala~

Cavy Slave
I would say the same thing except everyone knows a dog wouldn't do something that heartless. Normally dogs won't attack anyone if not provoked or in red zone. This article made me sick, I could only read the title, once I saw the picture I just closed the window it was terrible. I am a huge dog lover (have 4 dogs) so that was really hard to see that poor dog and I could say a lot more but I'll leave it at this . . These people deserve some kind of punishment, I hope they get it. It makes me sick hearing about all the horrible things that go on in the world.

edit: Justin, as hard as it is for me to say it, I agree that it would help the soildiers. I totally do NOT agree with them for doing it but I see it can help, not always will though and these animals deserve a life just like any other creature on this planet. Just like the defenceless civilians. Why kill these poor animals AND civilians? If it were up to me I'd say don't kill anything, but of course that's not how the world works and I see why some people would want to start war with others sadly. However they could at least not kill the animals and find another way to "train" than killing living things.

Last edited:

PrayerWarrior

Cavy Slave
I'm crying. I didn't even read it. When I saw that picture, I couldn't do it. It makes me so sad, how repulsive people are. There isn't even a word for it. It makes me feel like all my efforts aren't worth anything when I see stuff like this, even though I know it isn't true.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
I don't know what to say...

I am repulsed.

I can only hope that the human race SOME DAY will feel secure enough to stop taking their anger, pain, hatred, aggression, etc out on the wrong people/things.

What is this world coming to?

Ditto!! That made me so mad!

Animal Lover

Cavy Slave
I have read that article before, and I still cry as I read it again.It is absolutely discusting (sp?) .:sick:

Tamgirl1983

Cavy Slave
They need to be skinned and packed in salt.
anybody who can do that to a dog is a sick person who deserves only pain and heartache in their very short, meaningless life. :grumpy:

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
This is so sick, I haven't read it yet but I will. I hate everytime I get yet another picture of animal cruelty to save into my huge mass of animal cruelty folders just so I can go spread the word elsewhere, I just don't know how to describe how angry, and sickened by the human race I am.

Weatherlight

Cavy Slave
Now this is interesting.

They need to be skinned and packed in salt.

I say anyone who would seriously wish this sort of thing on anyone is a sick person who deserves a lot of therapy in their sad, misguided, hypocritical life.

"It's a horrible, horrible thing that should never be done, except when I want to do it to other people"?

PrayerWarrior

Cavy Slave
Now this is interesting.

I say anyone who would seriously wish this sort of thing on anyone is a sick person who deserves a lot of therapy in their sad, misguided, hypocritical life.

"It's a horrible, horrible thing that should never be done, except when I want to do it to other people"?

It's also partly peoples' passion for animals. Animals are ultimately defenseless. They cannot speak for themselves or protect themselves because there will always be a way that humans are stronger. People have the ability to protect themselves and speak for themselves. Thus, humans are NOT defenseless, and there's more of a passion towards animals than the people who hurt them.

Weatherlight

Cavy Slave
Any blind passion needs to be reined in. Some people might be passionate about defending their country. Without any rational thought or morality, this might be the result.

It is possible to be passionate about helping animals without doing sadistic, monstrous things.

Physically skinning someone and packing them in salt or tying them up, well, it doesn't seem like they would have a lot of ability to protect themselves. How would they be stronger than the people doing the tying and skinning?

If one of the dogs survived, got away, and mauled a child, would some kind, caring, passionate people be concerned about the child and talking about skinning the dog and packing him in salt? Where does it end? What if the child grows up hating dogs and beats a stray puppy half to death for approaching him playfully? Now do we want skin the kid too?

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Well I'm sure no-one on this forum is going to travel over to Peru anytime soon to pack anyone into salt. Anyway they both said what I and probabaly many others were thinking, its called just desserts.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.