Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dog pregnancy/in heat

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
As some of you may have read in my past post, my family recently acquired a darling beagle as a stray. Bad news was, she's in heat and unspayed. Now I'm a nervous wreck as to whether or not she's pregnant. I don't know if anyone here has fostered/adopted a pregnant dog or is just very knowledgeable, but I need a few answers. First of all, she's still in heat and we found her two weeks ago. Second, we took her to the vet two weeks ago and he said he couldn't tell if she was pregnant yet. Third, her nipples and her little doggy private parts are slightly pronounced(I don't know if this is part of heat). I'm sorry if this is against board policy because it has something to do with pregnancy, and if it's against policy you can delete the thread, I'm just tearing myself up over it. If she is pregnant we either have to leave her at a shelter or have her spayed immediately, which is the same thing as a doggie abortion. If anyone has any answers, tip, or anything concerning this topic, please respond and wish me luck!

I think (I don't know) that dogs do not go into heat after they are pregnant. Her pronounced lady parts may have to do with the fact she may have already had a litter.

Keep her under lock and key until you find out if she is pregnant. I, myself, am not agaisnt doggy abortion in the right case, but I think this isn't the right case. Don't spay her until you know for sure she isn't pregnant.

Good luck.

I just hope that's the case.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.