Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dog food

GP_lover

Cavy Slave
um idk sorry.

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
Labradors are considered large breed.

Yay! Hopefully, the shelter will not euthanize this poor black lab puppy before they get my phone message or email!! Dogs In Danger: Our Dogs in Much Danger!

I already have a bag of that Wellness large breed adult that I was going to use for another dog that I was going to rescue from this website, but she got adopted thank goodness, but this little guy unbelievably hasn't been adopted yet!! Please pray with me tonight before you all go to bed and ask that this puppy not be euthanized before the shelter gets my voicemail and/or email!!!! They open at 10am tomorrow (well hopefully they're open on new years day, pray they're open on new years day too, please!!!), so guess what time I'm calling? 10am!! xD
Oh my, I know that they all can't be saved, but......can you imagine? Just look at his face, he's under 6 months old, and he (hopefully was) going to be put to sleep on new year's day....what a happy new years gift!!:weepy:
I'd like to show him to those jerks who say "Oh, just one litter thats all, than we'll get her/him spayed/neutered"....grrrrr

Anyways back to dog food:
Yes, Iams is horrible, I haven't looked around PETA's website much, but they have something on there about the Iams company, and it's not a good something either! :important
GP_lover: You could try a turkey forumla or lamb forumla (maybe grain free too to boot) high-quality premium, safe dog food for sensitive stomachs. Also, maybe take your dog to a holistic vet if they have those near you. There probably is a homeopathic remedy for your dog's situation.

EDIT: I have to exchange the wellness large breed adult for the wellness large breed puppy, fyi. :p

GP_lover

Cavy Slave
ok i will try and see. look around.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
I'm pretty sure lamb is best for sensitive stomachs. Try grain free lamb food.
sophistacavy: I would call before 10:00 AM, and then again at 10:00 AM. I hope you can save him!

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
I'm pretty sure lamb is best for sensitive stomachs. Try grain free lamb food.
sophistacavy: I would call before 10:00 AM, and then again at 10:00 AM. I hope you can save him!

Thats a good idea. I bet some people are there before they "open" to the public so to speak, so if I call enough times in a row before 10am, maybe they'll pick up the phone and be like "Whaaaaaat?" =]

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
What happened with that dog, sophistacavy?

attackofthebear

Cavy Slave
I can't afford to feed raw, so what am I supposed to do?

I hate that feeling when you think your doing good... but your doing the complete opposite.

A little late responding, but I just wanted to say raw is typically cheaper if you do prey model i.e Tom Lonsdale. Pre-made would be very expensive and still kind of defeating the purpose of raw feeding.
I used to buy innova, which keeps going up in price but when I bought it, the food was around 50 bucks. I would buy two bags every 4 weeks and so that rounded to around 200(I was also over feeding the food and that caused lose stools and a higher amount spent).
I am now raw feeding, have been for about 9 months, and will never go back when my feeding cost add up to around 100 a month. So I save in my initial cost getting evo for the price of a grocery brand food and getting the benefits of raw added into that. Look into it if price is the only factor stopping you.

Although Innova is a great food.

Another thing:
Lamb is not considered a long term meat base. It is good for sensitive stomachs and allergy issues, but as stated above, not meant for long term use. If you plan to try lamb for a while, also plan to supplement or switch in a few months.

sophistacavy

Cavy Slave
What happened with that dog, sophistacavy?

That one was thankfully already being held for adoption also!
Its a very popular website, that Dogs In Danger
Everyone who reads this, pass the word on to your friends and family. Visit that website and try to do what you can to save a dog's life! There are many puppies and purebreeds about to be euthanized too, if you would prefer a puppy or purebreed. ;)

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
That's great! I was afraid he was put down.

alm_nin

Cavy Slave

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.