Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Animal Welfare Does this look right to you?

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
OMG!! Those poor babies! :mad: Why would anyone do this?

missnickelback

Cavy Slave
I don't know obviously those pigs are not having fun and this person says that she loves her pigs. The only thing I liked was the response on youtube at least no one found it funny

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
I don't know obviously those pigs are not having fun and this person says that she loves her pigs. The only thing I liked was the response on youtube at least no one found it funny

The maker of this video needs to be directed to this forum for the proper way to treat and care for piggies then. They need to ask themselves if they would do this to a newborn baby, because to be honest- it's the same thing.

missnickelback

Cavy Slave
The last one I posted is even worse obviously the pig doesn't like flipping over and going high and then at the end she obviously doesn't like being held like that!

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
I couldn't even finish that last video, that poor piggy! The adult thinks it's funny, that child is doomed from the start.

alphilip77

Cavy Slave
The best advice I can give to anyone who comes across these vids is to just not watch it. Seriously. The people that post these vids are probably the same kind that buy guinea pig food at walmart, give it some iceburg lettuce, and call it a day. If you write to them pointing out their wrongdoing, chances are good they'll either get defensive or not respond because they're not on enough or don't care. And by watching these videos all you're doing is getting yourself worked up and giving their video another hit, further reinforcing the mindset that this is popular resulting in more videos of the same thing. Plus, it's no fun living life constantly trying to find things that offend us. Just my 2 cents.

GoldieBrodiexx

Cavy Slave
The best advice I can give to anyone who comes across these vids is to just not watch it. Seriously. The people that post these vids are probably the same kind that buy guinea pig food at walmart, give it some iceburg lettuce, and call it a day. If you write to them pointing out their wrongdoing, chances are good they'll either get defensive or not respond because they're not on enough or don't care. And by watching these videos all you're doing is getting yourself worked up and giving their video another hit, further reinforcing the mindset that this is popular resulting in more videos of the same thing. Plus, it's no fun living life constantly trying to find things that offend us. Just my 2 cents.

Couldn't agree more. I just wish that I could do something about it :(

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
I have never understood the reason people have for reposting this typing of thing here. First, all you accomplish is to bring a wider audience to the person or people you feel is abusing or mistreating the animals in the videos and secondly the only outcome is generally to upset and irritate members here, which usually only resolves itself by person after person commenting on how terrible the video or behavior is in the first place. Just my two cents, but honestly it's about as annoying to me to have something like this reposted here and discussed at nauseating length as the video itself is in the first place. Excellent post, @alphilip77.

photosavvy

Cavy Slave
That is AWFUL!!! Those poor babies could fall and they are going to hurt the piggies!! That second video was just awful!! It's so sick how people do stuff like that to such fragile creatures!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.