Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Does he like this?

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My brother in law gives Whistles these "cheek scratches". What he does is he scratches right behind his jaw(or cheek) bone with both hands and Whistles lifts his head up and makes this EXACT noise.
I tried doing it while he was resting upstairs. But the loft and doing it with 1 hand kinda made it a bit harder to do. So I think all the "flipping out" was him saying "you're not doing it right!!". I always thought the noise he is making says he isn't liking something. Maybe I was wrong?

[video=youtube_share;TixQ0ZqsVRs]

Yes, that noise means that he is irritated and does not like what is being done. They make the same sound when another pig is bothering them.

Yes, that noise means that he is irritated and does not like what is being done. They make the same sound when another pig is bothering them.

I thought so. TY for confirming.
But I swear. He runs right up the the cage wall. Lets my brother in law give him the "cheek scratches" and he makes the EXACT noise. Maybe Whistles has lost his touch in guinea pig communication? xD
Not likely ;)

My pigs make that sound when they are upset at another pig. By his actions he doesn't seem to like it. One of my pigs likes getting chin and cheek scratches and will make a high pitched cooing sound.

Amy makes that sound when she's irritated during lap time, and she also does an annoyed burr. Being bi-polar, she then sometimes flops down and takes a nap while other times I get head flips and squirms.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.