Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Does anyone take their cavies to work?

stelly

Cavy Slave
Would they like that because of the company, or hate it because of the car journey?

Piglet

Cavy Slave
where do you work?

stelly

Cavy Slave
In an office, with 4 other people...why?

If I had a dog, I would bring it to work with me so it wasn't lonely and I wondered if you could do the same with a guinea pig, or if the journey would distress them.

LiciaMommycott

Cavy Slave
My pigs take car rides all the time and don't seem to mind it. If I'm riding with my hubby on weekends, they take turns sitting in my lap. If I'm driving alone, they are both in their travel bag, which is belted into the passenger seat. If taking them to work all day you might want a big box or even a "work cage" for them to be in 'cause you don't want the confined too much for the entire day.

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

SDMarcum

Cavy Slave
It is nice working at home. My piggies love my attention 24/7. I don't sleep much. Oreo cries when I go to bed. But they have the dog to talk to when I'm gone..lol

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

cornhill

Cavy Slave
taking piggies to work

stelly said:
Would they like that because of the company, or hate it because of the car journey?
I set their little carrier in their big upstairs.
My piggies jump in their little carrier then I bring them downstairs to the daytime cage set it in their ramp and open the door then out they come. So they are never lonely because I'm always with them. I do just the reverse @ the end of working.

GuineaTV

Cavy Slave
It depends on your pig - some travel better than others. For really curious piggies, the change of scenery is exciting! I bring mine to work (school - I'm a teacher) once a year, and they have a fun time with the kids.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.