Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Puppy Pads Does Anyone Have Any Experience With Incontinence Pads In Cages?

Pulsepoint129

Cavy Slave
I was just curious to know if the incontinence pads that drugstores sell would be effective to use as an under-bedding material. I work for CVS so we have PLENTY of various sized underpads!

If anyone has any experiences or suggestions, it would be most helpful--thank you!

lissie

Administrator
Cavy Gazer
I'd like to know too. I'm looking for alternatives to towels.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
I use the incontinence pads under 2 layers of towels and 1 layer of fleece. They aren't really thick enough to go solo under fleece, but I like that they keep the coroplast clean. My towels have worked well and hard for several years and, as they are wearing out and are in need of replacing, I'm going to give mattress pads a try next.

pigluvinARK

Cavy Slave
I use doggie training pads in the bigger piggies kitchen area. I put them down, then kitchen towels X2 and then fleece. But I change it out twice a week. Hope this helps.

lissie

Administrator
Cavy Gazer
I found this on Amazon, do you think it will work solo under fleece?
Amazon.com: Prevail Underpad, Super Absorbent, 10 Underpads (Pack of 10): Health & Personal Care

I'm trying to eliminate the use of towels. I pay for coin laundry and I'm spending about $10 per week to wash and dry the piggies laundry (2 wash cycles, I don't trust the first cycle to remove all detergent). If I use the incontinence pads solo, I might be able to handwash the fleece or cut the cost of laundry down.