Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Does anyone else's piggy do this? What's your piggies funniest behavior?

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
I had to start this thread out of curiosity--- my Robin Hood does the funniest thing, and I've never seen another piggy do it! ( He's completely happy and healthy; I'm not worried, just curious! :) )

He loves to be stroked down the top of his head and along his back, and just plops down on his belly in a furry puddle when you do so. Often when I keep petting him, he gets more and more relaxed, and starts leaning/ rolling onto his side...and eventually rolls on his back, belly up! As soon as it happens he rolls straight back on his feet and gets all excited; burbling and popcorning across the cage. :D it's so funny and adorable! Does anyone have/had a piggy that does this? What's the funniest things your piggies do?

Spotakiss

Cavy Slave
My young piggy has a little pillow and he goes into his pigloo and rumble strutes it then gets excited and runs laps in his cage. My older piggy when he knows he's in trouble he smiles at me as if he's happy about it[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squeakybacon

Cavy Slave
My Vivi loves when I pet her head and back, she does the piggie purring puddle too! She'll come running if I say "who wants scritches?"

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
My young piggy has a little pillow and he goes into his pigloo and rumble strutes it then gets excited and runs laps in his cage. My older piggy when he knows he's in trouble he smiles at me as if he's happy about it[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They both sound adorable! My Friar Tuck has the best smiles and expressions as well :) He loves to be talked to, and listens with the cutest intent expression on his face!! :love:

MaiaBex

Cavy Slave
Tannim isn't much on being petted in his cage -- just top of the head and around the ears, and only when he's in the mood -- but when I have him out for a grooming session, he LOVES being brushed! Piggy puddle for certain! He doesn't roll on his back, but he sprawls out on his tummy with his legs all pointed different directions and just zones out until I'm done. He even lets me brush his butt with no problems. And if he doesn't think I've brushed him enough, he licks my arm to say, "Keep going, Mama.. More brushing."

Funniest behavior? He chases the cats. When he's in his playpen and one of the cats hops in to investigate, he chases them around until they jump back out. (I know he's just trying to play with them, but it's so hilarious to see a 10-lb cat being chased around by a 2-lb guinea pig!)

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Tannim isn't much on being petted in his cage -- just top of the head and around the ears, and only when he's in the mood -- but when I have him out for a grooming session, he LOVES being brushed! Piggy puddle for certain! He doesn't roll on his back, but he sprawls out on his tummy with his legs all pointed different directions and just zones out until I'm done. He even lets me brush his butt with no problems. And if he doesn't think I've brushed him enough, he licks my arm to say, "Keep going, Mama.. More brushing."

Funniest behavior? He chases the cats. When he's in his playpen and one of the cats hops in to investigate, he chases them around until they jump back out. (I know he's just trying to play with them, but it's so hilarious to see a 10-lb cat being chased around by a 2-lb guinea pig!)

That is so so cute!! Tannim sounds like he has such a personality. lol Thanks for the smile and laugh!