Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Does anyone else worry obsessively over their piggies?

I have come to realize my husband and I have no children for a reason, I am a total freak!!! Any little noise,omg was that his is he ok.....what was that, is he hurt.
I got that way though becuase when we first got him(he was very young) I listened to another guinea pig owner and used the pine bedding she gave me, which cause URI (which we got him to the vet in time)and thenwe got him back (they kept him for 3 weeks) then he got pink eye...so back to the vet again. So after everything he went through I freak out and am far to protective over him.
When I am at work I think omg I hope he is ok, I wonder what he is doing, is he missing me, is he crying.....yeah I am crazy.

Nobody has to contribute to this if they're uncomfortable, but do any of you have an anxiety disorder? I feel that definitely plays into my worries.

I have Borderline Personality Disorder with Obsessive Compulsive Tendencies. It's true, I'm anxious about everything. I'm what they call a "checker", having to check and recheck everything in order to be sure things are right. I'm sure that does contribute to my anxiety about my piggies.

I went on vacation for 3 days and it was in the canyons where there is no cell service. I couldnt contact my grandma to ask her how my little boy was doing and I was always thinking of him, worrying and thinking negative things when I saw him again. But when I came back he came out of hiding to greet me and eat since he wouldnt when in the living room with my grandparents. I always worried she would leave his cage door open and he`d crawl out and get snatched up by a cat or a dog. That most worried me. If I hear a wierd noise from thier cage like coughing more than once I freak out and run to thier cage to only find them starring at me. When I go back to school I`m most worried about my mom not wanting to fill up thier food. D:

and I always think that they need to go to the vet. They are really going to go to the vet on Tuesday though.

Re: Anxiety and Worry

Hi, I have an anxiety disorder that I am being treated for. I get horrid panic attacks that don't let up. I feel like I know way too much about this topic :) You are right about caffeine, but decaf has still does have some caffeine in it. You are already exercising, that's excellent. Keep working on improving your diet, moving away from processed foods.
Two great books that might help anyone with anxiety are:
The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook by Edmund Bourne
and Worry by Edward Hallowell

I'm glad I'm not the only one ! I really have no anxiety relieving techniques. I have a whole slew of problems going on and anxiety seems to be the least of everyones worries. I have social anxiety as well as some general anxiety and the solution the doctors came up with is medication, which I'm not thrilled about.

EVERYTIME I go out anywhere, I'm always convinced I'm going to walk back into my room and the pigs will be dead. Every single time, to the point where I don't want to go out anywhere.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.