Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Do your piggies get along?

MoosesMum

Cavy Slave
So My piggies seem to be getting along, Sundae likes to annoy her sister a lot, she tends to play and Moose seems to get annoyed the other day...as I put hay down on the floor of their cage, Sundae runs underneath it and pops her head out she runs back wards and then pops her head out again Moose gets annoyed and walks off...I snapped a photo of them and See the look on Sundaes face?

10518985 284869431686020 517708034293126182 n

How do your piggies do together? I'd love to hear some funny stories

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Daisy basically follows Minnie's every example. If Minnie tests out the hiding spot, Daisy goes in. If Minnie starts wheeking, so does Daisy. If Minnie wants all the carrot, so does Daisy! It's really cute. Daisy's like a little sister completely in awe of her older sister! Minnie even taught Daisy how to get on top of their hidey to get even more attention when they're wheeking! It took her a while, but she can do it now if she reeeeeeally tries lol

piggsters

Cavy Slave
Well, I don't have a second piggy but I'm gonna get it soon. I'll llet you know how they get along.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Mine get along but sometimes they do squabble. Sometimes Gin-Gin will try and take food out of Cinna's mouth.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Ferb and Penny are like a real married couple, he's always in the mood, she isn't. They squabble over the last piece of veggie and Penny will try and hide it in a cuddle sack. Penny follows Ferb around most of them time but she lets him know when he's crossed the line. Ferb licks her ears. I had Penny out of the cage today and when I put her back Ferb stared popcorning.

EllaBellaMuffin

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My piggie Ella always bites muffin when she gets mad. When I pick Ella up an put her down she goes right up to muffin and bites her, because she is mad we picked her up LOL

lost_lover

Cavy Slave
When Taco and Nacho first moved in with me they fought a decent amount, to the point I was worried. Wherever they were before the rescue got them (they were found together abandoned outdoors, also with a sow) must have been a rough place since both have pretty noticeable 'battle scars' on their ears.

These days they are great together. Each of them has a few spots around the cage that belong to them. Their cage is only a 2x4 with a 2x2 loft, which is cutting it close for two boars, but they seem to have so much room they can just ignore each other. If I take one out and not the other though whoever is still in the cages wheeks super loud until he gets his brother back.

Heather Ost

Cavy Slave
My boys are very attached to each other. There can be a lot of rumble strutting but if I remove one from the cage the other will cry until they're together again.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I have noticed with mine if I take Cinna away and Gin-Gin can't see him he'll squeak for him. Then once their reunited he's fine again.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
Since I put the young guys and old guys together, the two brother(young) started fighting every day. The cage is a 3x6, so its large enough. The old guys unbonded and Muggle and Who's there bonded. I now have 2 3x3 because of a divider placed in and the young guys split up. Muggle loves to snuggle who's there.