Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Do guinea pigs sigh or is this uri sign?

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Colonel is making me nervous. Just last night, he laid down as always, did his usual yawn, put his head down and then sighed? I mean it sounded like a sigh. Do they sigh? Tonight he did the same except after the sigh he kinda fidgeted around a bit, like maybe he couldn't get comfy., and made the little noise he usually makes when he's kinda exploring. Then he got comfortable (I guess) did that weird sigh again and went to sleep. He is making that little bubbly exploring noise here and there in his sleep, which I've not seen him do much.

No reduction is eating, drinking, pooping, peeing or playing. I will weigh him in the a, but I haven't clocked any weight loss recently. Eyes look fine. Nose looks fine. He did get a piece of hay stuck in his front teeth the day before yesterday but his teeth look fine to my untrained eye.

Should I be concerned about this? Does anyone know the respite ry rate on a pig offhand. I can look it up but thought I'd ask. Thanks everyone.

Crap!!! I forgot all about the webinar. I knew I was suppose to be doing something today.

Thanks for the help @spy9doc. I do worry to much, about everything really, I'm trying not too. I just see people say over and over how quickly gp's can go downhill and I'm afraid of missing something. :(

Well that honestly makes me feel a bit better about missing it. I'll just add to my notes about the resp rate and call it good. Maybe I'll catch it next time they do it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.