Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General DIY?

Choffman

Cavy Slave
Besides the cages, are there toys, hidey places, activities that you guys do your selves? My hubby and are are pretty handy and even thrifty sometimes..lol. I just wondered if there were any fun DIY guinea pig ideas out there. We have a parrot and built a pretty nice outdoor aviary for him.:)

My dad and I built a wood play pen! I also made Bella a quilt and a sleeping bag, as well as some fleece balls... (thanks to peeweesteph for instructions on making the fleece balls) Bella also enjoys using an old oatmeal container as a tunnel!!!

it's funny how my way of looking at things has changed since owning pigs. i never toss out (recycle) cardboard boxes any more without seeing if i can shape it into a tunnel, or a hidey box for play time. i save bits and pieces of fabric and whenever i walk through a dollar store, or walmart, i wonder, "what could i use this for for the pigs?" yio're limited only by your imagination and budget! there are always new ideas here, which is part of why i love this site so much. sometimes i just scroll through the pictures of cages, looking for something new.

the best thing is that pigs love new things! with my dog, i used to rotate his toys. i had about a dozen or so, and every week i took one out for the week's play (he was a special service dog). at the end of the week i'd put it away and start the new week with the next toy. so, he wouldn't see any one toy again until a dozen weeks had past - and then it was practically a brand new toy for him - they're simple thinkers sometimes! so, i rotate my pigs "toys" during floor time as well. makes us all happy, though i appear to be running out of room. . .!

My dad and I built a wood play pen! I also made Bella a quilt and a sleeping bag, as well as some fleece balls... (thanks to peeweesteph for instructions on making the fleece balls) Bella also enjoys using an old oatmeal container as a tunnel!!!

You are very welcome :) glad your piggy enjoys it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.