Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Diving C&C cage. Help!

Queen.anirbaS

Cavy Slave
Hey! OK so I bought 16 grids and I'm planning on doing 2x5 which is 83"x39".
The only thing is, I am dividing the cage because I have a boy and two extra grids. I'm thinking 3x2 which is 53"x39" and 2x2, idk the measurements for that though. (oh and the division is only temporary until I can get him neutered)
So i bought the coroplast today which is 4ftx8ft (48"x96") and I just don't know how to divide the coroplast.
I am REALLY bad at math so if someone can explain it to me in idiot terms, it would reallly help me lol

Have you seen How to Make a C&C Cage? Very clear directions, lots of pictures.

I'd suggest ignoring the fact that you want to divide it while you're making it -- you can just add the crosswise grids after it's finished, then take them out after the neuter.

I'd suggest ignoring the fact that you want to divide it while you're making it -- you can just add the crosswise grids after it's finished, then take them out after the neuter.

But then the 2 dividing grids wouldn't align.

So overlap them a little bit. You said they'd only be temporary, anyway, and it makes more sense to build the cage for the way you want it to be over the long haul, rather than just for a few months.

I did what you said and the cage is complete:D I am very very happy and my piggies will be too!

Since this is for separating a baby, you'd need more grids to overlap in the middle. You'd need to babyproof the whole cage too. A baby can slip through a regular sized grids or could get his head stuck.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.