Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Herbs Diuretic properties of parsley

Delaine

Cavy Slave
I know parsley is a natural diuretic. I have noticed for some time that if I give Abbey and Zoe parsley there is an increase in urine output. They don't get a lot of parsley so I have no concerns. Has anyone else noticed this? Should people that give parsley frequently be concerned about the diuretic action of parsley?

I doubt it.

No. It's actually recommended for rabbits with stones for the diuretic properties despite the higher calcium content. I can't image extra emptying of the bladder being a negative thing.

No. It's actually recommended for rabbits with stones for the diuretic properties despite the higher calcium content. I can't image extra emptying of the bladder being a negative thing.
I thought the same thing. I just introduced gidget to parsley and cliantro and she chowed down. how much should I give her though

I just introduced gidget to parsley and cliantro and she chowed down. how much should I give her though

The Nutrition READ ME has everything from portion sizes to how often to feed certain veggies. You can go to the Nutrition READ ME here:
Piggy Nutrition Chart

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.