Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Discolored teeth

Maria M

Cavy Slave
In thelast six months, I'vefeda lot of greenfood andslowlycutdown the amount of pellets andin the last 2weeks they hadnotbeen fed withpellets.I have gotmuch healthierand largerguinea pigswith this type offeedingbut ...

Ihave problemswith thepups(under5-6 monthsold)teeth,their upperfront teeth are discoloredand only the pups teeth are like that.The otherguinea pigs(over 6months old) has finewhite teeth.
It is onlythe discolorationthat is the problemwiththe pups,they eatnormally and don't breaktheirteeth.

Anybody knowwhyit is onlythe pupswho havediscoloredteeth?And what kindof foodshould Igiveless of?

This is a normalguinea pigmenu at home with us:

[GuineaPigCages.com] Discolored teeth

Kinda hard to read the post, I think you may have a problem with your space bar? Though your baby pig's teeth sound fine to me, as long is there is no breaking or signs of not being able to eat. I don't know how many pigs you have, but that pile of green stuff nearest to the front that looks like some kind of lettuce or dandelion leaves, I think you are feeding to much of it. You can also know more about teeth here: https://www.guinealynx.info/teeth.html

(Hmmm it did not look like that when i wrote it.)

Yes, it's dandelions, we have a lot of them here, I will try to replace some of them with other herbs og grass. They do not get lettuce so often.

But thanks :)

In the pool, on the picture, there are 7 adults and one litter

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.