Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Different pellets, same cage?

Geegi63

Cavy Slave
Hi there, one of my guinea pigs (Scruffles :)) has just turned into an adult pig. I've got his timothy pellets, but the problem is I have another guinea pig (Scooby :)) that isn't over 6 months and, obviously, I need to feed him alfafa pellets.
Is there any way they could still be in the same cage even though they need different pellets? They would be so sad if I had to seperate them, because when I'm giving one lap time, they still squeak and look for eachother! Please help, any ideas would be gratefully appreciated.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
I would just feed them seperately-take out one pig, feed the other his pellets, and have laptime with the remaining pig, then switch! Maybe it will be a little tiresome, but you can do laptime and feed them at the same time. If they don't finish all their pellets, then just add a couple extra veggies when they have veggie time to supplement. Hope I helped! :)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I would just feed them seperately-take out one pig, feed the other his pellets, and have laptime with the remaining pig, then switch! Maybe it will be a little tiresome, but you can do laptime and feed them at the same time. If they don't finish all their pellets, then just add a couple extra veggies when they have veggie time to supplement. Hope I helped! :)
Sorry but I wouldn't do this. If both pigs are under a year old, you can still feed alfalfa based pellets. They can be fed up to 1 year.

Or if the other pig just turned a year old, then I'd go with timothy based pellets and give the younger one a small bit of parsley and kale (alternating days) during laptime.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.