Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Different diets in the same cage

Drawingwords

Cavy Slave
Athena and Elise are 7-8 month old sows. Buttercup and Reese's are Athena's daughter and just turned a month. I have the problem now of how to feed them and make sure they are all healthy.

I bought a bag of Cavy Performance and Cavy Cuisine and mixed it together.

They have unlimited timothy hay.

How can I ensure that the babies are getting enough calcium. I give them a little bit of alfalfa every day and the older girls love it too! No one has signs of bladder stones and they all seem healthy. Can I just feed them all the Cavy Cuisine and give the babies extra treats of alfalfa outside the cage? Or can I continue to put it in the cage even if the older girls get some.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
When I had this same problem Ly suggested giving the pup(s) a few sprigs of parsley during lap time.

Since the older pigs are under a year they probably can still have the Cavy Performance without any problem.

I think giving the baby some veggies with lots of calcium outside the cage (or alfalfa) is a good idea since the older ladies don't probably need as much as the little ones.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.