Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Didn't know where to post this!

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
I was just reading how people look at Craigslist for guinea pigs and so I decided to look in my area.. I was immediately appauled to see a person who has a pic of a snake who is asking for live rodents, rabbits and guinea pigs to feed his snake.. He stressed live! He says PETA freaks stay away and leave him alone.. I am so sickened about this and very disgusted.. I would love to post this link, but am not sure if I can... It is awful! I hope this person does not try to adopt guinea pigs in our area or get them from Craiglist and pretend to be interested in them and feed them to his snake.. Can I post this link? I do not know what to do..

Flssgrl

Cavy Slave
I think that most people who give their pigs away on Craigslist charge a rehoming fee. This keeps the people looking for snake food more at bay. Those people generally are not going to pay upwards of $15 for an animal. It is sad though.

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
ugh that's awful!! Well actually I do rather like snakes (sorry, I would never feed a guinea pig to it though.. don't get mad.. I'd probably stick to crickets lol) but still! That's awful...

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
I didn't know people did this and the way they say it too, I am shivering with anger... :( I guess I am naive about some stuff.

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
There is a lady trying to give away 5 babies on there, I hope she sees the post about the snake... So sad...

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
I won't link it but I cut and pasted what it said... Here it is..

I have a beautiful Columbian Redtail Boa Constrictor I need to feed (please see attached pic)
I need extra large LIVE rats, medium guinea pigs or medium rabbits. Let me stress LIVE!!!!
I don't want any PETA freaks hunting me down or anything, I just need to feed my snake.
I don't believe in feeding her freeze dried anything, it just isn't natural and doesn't appeal
to her anyway so........ if you can help me out please reply to this post if not leave me alone

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
I just contacted the lady who is looking for new homes for these baby piggies.. I warned her that there is someone looking for live bait and maybe she should ask for a rehoming fee or consider bringing them to a local shelter.. She also stated that her pigs where 2 weeks old and I told her I think they needed to be wheen at 3 weeks and seperated if they are males due to females getting pregnant sometimes as little as 3 weeks. I asked how she houses them, feeds them and how she came to have these babies. I told her I would be interested, if I could find out more about them possibly. Hopefully, if anything, she will just be alerted that there is someone looking for live bait.. Maybe she will bring them to shelter... I am so sickened by the post about the snake, quivers...

GuineaLove

Cavy Slave
It is really sad that there are people out there that would do this. One of my Guinea pigs came from a person just like this. A friend of mine (now former friend) bought a snake for his son. They some how acquired 3 baby guinea pigs to feed to the snake. He said the person he got them from knew what he was going to do with them and did not care so why did I? I managed to talk them into letting me have 2 from them but they would not let me have the third. They kept the one they thought was the cutest one because they thought it would film better for youtube. I still think about that poor baby and how I could not save it. They really did not understand why I was so upset. They laughed and said I was such a girl.

teamsfm

Cavy Slave
It is a fact of life animals eat other animals. What do you think the snake should eat. A snake must eat meat. People breed rats just for snake food and I think rats are some of the best pets out there. They are very smart and loving but I understand snakes need to eat. A person can choose to not eat meat but a snake can't make that choice. A snake doesn't eat hay or pellets. The guy was out of line posting the way he did but I'm sure he gets harassed a lot.

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
Sorry Ly & Pigs, I did not realize it was wrong.. I saw that one post about the guinea pigs being eaten not long ago, so I did not think I was doing wrong. I apologize, you can remove the thread if you so desire