Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Cyst Cysts-i’m worried

FudgeThePiggy

Cavy Slave
So, recently a hip cyst popped up on my guinea pig. it’s a sebaceous cyst, i’ve been doing research and examining it to make sure. it popped up fairly quick so it’s not very urgent however my parents do not want to take it to the vet. recently we had an incident where a dog we were watching got into my sister’s hedhog’s cage and attacked her. they brought the hedgehog to the vet and luckily fixed her up. however, it was fairly expensive. now my parents are cautious of being smaller animals to the vet, including my piggy. if the cyst is not treated and could grow and threaten my guinea pig’s life. she doesn’t have any bad symptoms or anything the really effects her, but i’m still worried. i don’t know if my parents are gonna allow me to get her checked, especially not my mom. i know she needs help but i don’t know if i can get her any. is there anything i can do at all to help my pig?

Hi
First off-your piggy probably has to see a vet. I'm sorry, but I really don't know what else to say. Did you ask your parents if you could? Maybe you could show your parents your research to try and convince them.

Sorry that this probably doesn't help.

Hi
First off-your piggy probably has to see a vet. I'm sorry, but I really don't know what else to say. Did you ask your parents if you could? Maybe you could show your parents your research to try and convince them.

my mom said she doesn’t think it’s the type of animal you take to the vet. my dad understands more than her but even then, the vet bill would be expensive and i do
n’t know how to convince them. i might talk to my dad more about it tomorrow.

my mom said she doesn’t think it’s the type of animal you take to the vet. my dad understands more than her but even then, the vet bill would be expensive and i do
n’t know how to convince them. i might talk to my dad more about it tomorrow.
Good luck! Wishing you and your piggy the best of luck!

So, recently a hip cyst popped up on my guinea pig. it’s a sebaceous cyst, i’ve been doing research and examining it to make sure. it popped up fairly quick so it’s not very urgent however my parents do not want to take it to the vet. recently we had an incident where a dog we were watching got into my sister’s hedhog’s cage and attacked her. they brought the hedgehog to the vet and luckily fixed her up. however, it was fairly expensive. now my parents are cautious of being smaller animals to the vet, including my piggy. if the cyst is not treated and could grow and threaten my guinea pig’s life. she doesn’t have any bad symptoms or anything the really effects her, but i’m still worried. i don’t know if my parents are gonna allow me to get her checked, especially not my mom. i know she needs help but i don’t know if i can get her any. is there anything i can do at all to help my pig?
Hi

it’s been a while since that last post, but i have a question. i went to feed them a little bit ago and the cyst looked popped or drained: my pig doesn’t not appear to be any in pain, and she isn’t draining or anything. there’s no pus or too or anything coming out of it. i can send pictures later, but i would like to know what happened.

it’s been a while since that last post, but i have a question. i went to feed them a little bit ago and the cyst looked popped or drained: my pig doesn’t not appear to be any in pain, and she isn’t draining or anything. there’s no pus or too or anything coming out of it. i can send pictures later, but i would like to know what happened.
[GuineaPigCages.com] Cysts-i’m worried

It's entirely possible that it drained. It's also possible that it will come back. But sebaceous cysts aren't dangerous, and usually are ok left alone unless they interfere with movement or are in a location that causes pain.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.