Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other Cute Duckling

Rayvn

Cavy Slave
Well... I know this isn't exactly guinea pig related, but I know you guys like cute things :). Here's a video of one of the new ducklings:
[video=youtube;XoRPBQu0GO4]
His name is Seth :).
And no, I did not get him for Christmas to toss out a few days later. I live on a farm and care for a few dozen ducks, and someone in the city had to get rid of their ducklings (I think it was a classroom project. why do they even hatch them if they're just going to give them away to random homes?). I keep the ducklings in a temporary cage with a heat lamp, game bird starter, and water. When they are old enough to withstand the cold at night (it varies from duck to duck) I take them to a larger cage inside the coop (they still have a heat lamp). After a while in that cage, I let them roam with the other ducks.

That is too stinking cute! I better stop watching so I dont end up with a duck along with the zoo I currently have LOL... Such a good thing you did/do.

Thanks! Sometimes I think I might have too many animals...:p

Very cute, makes me sad I can't have ducks anymore, my new home is in the mountains and not fenced. Old place was fenced so I let them free range in the yard for about 10 years. Duck eggs are the best ever tasted and we had so many I was giving them away to the FedEx driver and one of the grocery clerks where I shopped.

Very cute, makes me sad I can't have ducks anymore, my new home is in the mountains and not fenced. Old place was fenced so I let them free range in the yard for about 10 years. Duck eggs are the best ever tasted and we had so many I was giving them away to the FedEx driver and one of the grocery clerks where I shopped.
I'm sorry :sad:. Ducks are one of the most comedic animals I've ever seen... Have you considered making a pen? And yeah, the ducks are laying like mad. I get five or six eggs a day.

I'm sorry :sad:. Ducks are one of the most comedic animals I've ever seen... Have you considered making a pen? And yeah, the ducks are laying like mad. I get five or six eggs a day.

Yes they are comedic, I thought about a pen but hate to see them confined they had over half acre free range at my last house, I have more land here but better suited to mountain goats with the slope of the land it drops off 9 foot in 25 from front to back of the house and keeps going! My first pair used to come up on the deck and tap the sliding glass door with their bills to lok for lettuce treats and I used to get guppies and put them in their kiddy pools as a treat once in a while. Little ones a a riot when they dive and come back up like corks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.