Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Cupcake and Flickers had unsupervised introduction last night!

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
Oh boy, I really need to listen to my intuition.

Cupcake (1 year) and Flickers (2 mths) have not been officially introduced to each other. They are in the "cages next to each other" stage. I split the C & C cage in half and used the usual grids (not the big size) to make a wall.

Cupcake was very interested in that little girl! She licked Flickers but then just wanted to eat her hay. Flickers is wary of her new house and just hides in her hidey hole.

I was htinking maybe Flickers could squeeze through the grids, but why would she? She was too timid and there was a big pig in the house next to her. This morning I got up and Flickers was GONE! :yikes: I thought, oh no! She is lost in the human house! Then my son sees a lump in Cupcake's sleeping bag. yep, it was Flickers.

Thank goodness she didn't jump out of the cage, but I should have listened to myself. They are both going to the vet today for another check (Cupcake has a possible ear infection).

I tried an introduction on the couch, per Guinealynx directions, and things were ok until Flickers went into Cupcake's timothy hut and Cupcake started to bite her. I unceremoniously dumped them both out because I couldn't get them out with the oven mitts on.They are now on whole separate floors of the house and we will try again later...without the timothy hut.

Advice is always appreciated.

I would have left them together. Why are you keeping them apart?

If Flickers was able to slip through your divider, you need to baby proof the cage right away.

I would have left them together. Why are you keeping them apart? I was afraid that Cupcake would hurt Flickers since Cupcake has been lunging and biting at her. I did keep them together for a bit to see what they would do but when Cupcake was biting, I separated them.

If Flickers was able to slip through your divider, you need to baby proof the cage right away.
Yes, I did fix it.

Took Cupcake to the vet for head tilt and she has an ear infection. that could be why she is biting me and Flickers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.