Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Crazy stuff out there

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Yep, there's some crazy stuff in this world.
I was listening to "Hey Jude" and I heard someone yelling in the background. I put the headphones right in my ear and heard something like "CHOOOOOORD... *bleepin'* hell!" and then later on in the 8 minute song I heard "Don't *bleep* about, Jude!". Looked it up on the internet (the internet has everything, hey?) and yeah, I was right. "Undeleted expletives".

Ever seen, done or heard some crazy stuff like that?
I'm always a fan of trivia.

TipiDancer

Cavy Slave
Wow, there is also a song called Love Rollercoaster. In the background, there is a girls scream. This is outside of the studio, when a bandmate kills the girl who modeled the cover of their disk, coverign herself in honey, when the honey reacted to the plexiglass she was on. It melted her skin to the glass, and she ripped the skin off her legs, she complained to the band, and they killed her.

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
Tip, that's an urban legend.
But, that sounds really strange, Taco!

The Magic Taco

Cavy Slave
Tipiman23 said:
Wow, there is also a song called Love Rollercoaster. In the background, there is a girls scream. This is outside of the studio, when a bandmate kills the girl who modeled the cover of their disk, coverign herself in honey, when the honey reacted to the plexiglass she was on. It melted her skin to the glass, and she ripped the skin off her legs, she complained to the band, and they killed her.
Ohh yeah, I've heard of that, but I heard it wasn't true. Really creepy, actually, but it would have been a cool story. But I'm a sicko like that.

Fire Cracker

Cavy Slave
That is creapy! Strange what you can find out if you listen.

katiecavyNC

Cavy Slave
Yep, the 'Love Rollercoaster girl murder screaming thing' is an urban legend...as are most of the weird stories you hear about certain album covers, songs or bands.

I find the best source for quickly finding out if a story is true or not is snopes

www.snopes.com

Of course, they do have a page on the Rollercoaster thing...complete with the band's story about the scream.

https://www.snopes.com/music/hidden/roller.htm

My mom (almost 80) discovered the net about 5 yrs ago, and figured if she'd never heard it, that certainly it must be true, and she needed to forward to everyone she knew - like none of us hasn't gotten the 'make sure your lights are on so the gang bangers don't kill you', 'gas-out day to stick it to the big oil companies', or if you wire money to some guy in Africa, they'll give you a million of their inheritance money, etc a hundred times.

After many times BEGGING her not to blindly forward stuff like this without checking it out first, I finally got to looking up the 'debunking' page and replying to her entire distribution list saying it wasn't true, whatever 'IT' was.

Needless to say, a couple times cured her from thinking that the dead rabbit buried in the yard came back to life, or the kid needs you to send 1gillion cards, or that some guy really died crashing into a cliff after missing the turn with the jet engines on his car...

Anyway, I always look this stuff up on snopes before I forward anything that sounds a bit too 'interesting'.

cavywench

Cavy Gazer
I am a big fan of The White Stripe and while listening to their newest album Walk Behind Me Satan there are two tracking (I'm forgetting the tracks) that have some odd sounds in the background. In one you can hear a telephone ringing and another it sounds like someone tossing silverware into a drawer. I found this odd until I learned that they recorded it in the foyer of the house that Jack White recently bought in Nashville prior to the album.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.