Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Supplements Cranberry juice as a supplement?

aNervousFlower

Cavy Slave
Hi,
I've heard (I think from Guinea Lynx and maybe elsewhere as well) that diluted straight cranberry juice with no additives can be used as a supplement to promote healthy urinary tract and bladder. Does anyone hear have experience with this or know how it would work? I've also seen a product by pet-tek called Urinary defence. It's a powder I think and it appears the only ingredient is cranberry extract.
Any thoughts or advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

aNervousFlower

Cavy Slave
I've finally found the pure cranberry juice and diluted 1:4 with water and now have it in a mini water bottle. They seem to like it, and I've seem them drinking from it from time to time.
If I notice any results, or other developments, I'll post them for anyone interested

Aleks

Cavy Slave
I feed George 2 cranberries once a week. I think that works the same as using juice. :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Oxbow has a new(ish) urinary tract supplement out -- I got some for my pigs today. They like the taste, now to see if it does any good with the calcium issues.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
@bpatters You should definitely let me know if it helps with calcium issues. :) How much does the supplement cost?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It was about $9 for a month's supply for 2 pigs.

aNervousFlower

Cavy Slave
That supplement sounds interesting, but I don't think any of my pet suppliers around here carry it. I'm going to stick to the juice, since they seem to like it. Any idea if I need to really limit how much they get? They don't seem to be guzzling it or anything, so I'm assuming it can just be freely offered.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.