Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cozies

oscar54

Cavy Slave
Hey all,
I'v been looking through a few albums on the site, and I stumbled upon a few pictures of cozies. Most of the cozies I saw looked like mini dog beds. The cavies looked so comfy in them. I want one now! haha

Anyone know where I can find these "mini dog beds"?
Please help!
Thanks

The ones that look like dog beds you can find in any major pet shop like Petco or Petsmart or even maybe a local pet shop, but usually they are pretty expensive for some fabric and fleece (any where from 7-14$) It is much cheaper to make one, and the pigs like it just as much. You can sew a wash cloth together so it's like a pouch, an oven mitt, use an old shirt, anything a pig can safely get in and out of. At walmart I found some dish washing rag things that were sewn on the side so it was like a cotton pouch. It was 3 for 3$. Before spending alot on something, try looking in a store like Walmart, Target, or other similar stores. Look in the kitchen accesories and baby isles for things that look cozy for a pig. At Walmart they had baby hats and one even looked like a guinea pig! Just look around. I'm sure you can find something very cozy for your pig! Have fun!

i think you are talking about the cuddle cups. I have one and they are great! I got mine from e bay and it was only £6. I'm sure all the petstores sell them.

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
cozies sound like the perfect thing for guinea pigs. But is there a chance that they might eat the fabric? Also, can you wash them? Or do you buy a new one when it gets dirty?

you can wash them, so theres no need in buying a new one.

If the cozy is a fabric, like cotton, or fleece, yes you can easily wash them. If you don't want the cozy to shrink, let it air dry. It is easiest to buy a cotton cozy with as less dye in it as possible. Some pigs will chew them, that's why it's sometimes best to get a cheap, easily replacable cozy. I use an oven mitt, and I have an old wash cloth in their cage they can nest in.

an oven mit! Thats a great and cheap idea =)

Piglet said:
an oven mit! Thats a great and cheap idea =)
The pigs love to go in it, and lay on top of it! Just make sure you open up the other end so the can go in and out of it... I got mine at walmart for like 70 cents. Both my pigs would go in the mitt the same time and the one in the back would be stuck. Silly Pigs. So I took the stitching out of the end, now they run through it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.