Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C couple quick questions

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
so, my first question is about "stuff" in the cage. i have a 2x5 c&c cage with 2 boys who are about 3 months old or so (i keep forgetting). i have a bunk bed, which they LOVE, a wooden hidey, and a tunnel made from one of my left over grids. there's also a utensil holder to hold their hay. i've seen some photos here with cages that seem like they have lots of stuff in them - toys, tunnels, chewing things, hideys, etc. other cages seem pretty simple, with not much stuff. i keep my own house very simple and uncluttered - i'm just wondering what you all think about stuff for your pigs? is it better to keep it free and clear, so they can zoom around? or more stuff for stimulation and to fend off boredom?
also, i'm assuming i'm not the only one to have an obsession with improving their cage :tearsofjo i just recently went from a 2x4 to a 2x5. there IS NO MORE ROOM to expand, yet i see pictures of these great cages, and i keep wondering. . . i jut need to STOP already - it's just so hard when i see so many great set-ups. am i the only one? ;)

My piggies love tunnels and blankets the most. Since there's 3 of them they keep each other busy running around. I've recently learned they like wicker chews so I plan to get more of those to help sitmulate them thoughout the day.

Even though the post is unrelated - check out my earlier thread with pictures of my pigs cage and how much fun they have running laps.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/cafe/67516-action-shot-photos-included.html

You're right that it's an obsession. I've changed my cage set up 3 times in 2 months, but I am very happy with it now and think I'll leave it for a bit (or maybe not :shhh:)

I just have one senior boar right now, and he's not very active. He lives in a 2x5, and in his cage I always keep his large pigloo, and a cozy sack or tunnel. I rotate different kinds of cozies, beds, tunnels, fleece forests, and blankies every time I clean out his cage to keep things new and interesting for him. Since your piggies are young, I wouldn't fill it up with too much stuff, since I'm sure they love to run around.

im obsesed with changing my cage! everytime i clean cage they get a new cage XD it keeps it fun and new, make sure your pigs have many diffrent things to chew on, because pigs are picky :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.