Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coro Advice

CinnandMegsMom

Cavy Slave
I have a 4x8 sheet of coro left over from C&C project. I thought I'd keep it for future use with expansions. I came to the conclusion that it just wasting away and I'd like to make a floor time area for the girls.

My question is: How high should the walls be? In the C&C they are 5.5 inches and I think if they wanted to they could take a flying leap.

Any suggestion of the height of floor time walls?

K, never mind this post. I scored the coro with an 8 inch wall.

K, never mind this post. I scored the coro with an 8 inch wall.

Guinea pigs can jump higher than 8" - I had one of mine clear a 9" play pen when she wanted to and got a running start. It might be easier if you just use grids zip tied together for a floor time space.

Guinea pigs can jump higher than 8" - I had one of mine clear a 9" play pen when she wanted to and got a running start. It might be easier if you just use grids zip tied together for a floor time space.

I do this. I bought an extra box of grids along with all the extras I had and zip-tied in two spots per grid connection. It folds up pretty nicely! Then as floor protection you can use shower curtains under and something on top. Sheets, that canvas tarp stuff, bulk fabric, etc.

Mine cleared a 14 inch grid. You will have to watch them to make sure they cant get out.

Yepp Found her under my bed -_-. Lilly is a very naughty piggy

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.