Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Convince Dad for C&C Again?

Pigglet_pose

Cavy Slave
So my first cage was a Midwest. I knew it was only temporary and had soon bought grids and built many, many, many C&C cages over the months. I had then fallen in love with having a DIY wooden cage. So my amazing dad built me a wooden cage. It's a pretty big 4' x 4' cage and i'm really thankful for it. I don't love the shape though. I really think a c&c cage or any rectangular shaped cage would suit them better. We have the space for somewhere around a 2x6 in the room. It would free up a lot of space (as the giant square shaped cage hangs into the middle of our living room). I know we could sell it or even re-purpose it to make a longer cage, but we moved and don't have a big garage to do woodwork in anymore. Any help or advice?

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
As a parent I can understand how he might be slightly annoyed, but I do get what you mean and all of us here have probably all had many styles of cages (I know I have).

My advice is see how could use the old cage into the new design. I don't have a garage at all, but I've done many cages in wood over the years (from a door as the base to my old vertical wood cages). My current cage has my old armoire that I needed to keep but wanted the space, thus the bottom drawers got removed and I cut a door for them to go into it.

Do you have any pictures of your cage? Maybe we can help utilize it into a new cage set up idea that might work with what you want to do?

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
It sounds like your dad has been more supportive than most when it comes to piggies, I'd either try to make it his idea (make him come up with the idea) or try to move the cage to another room/area where it would work better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.