Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Constructing a New Cage - diagonal side?

RubysPiglets

Cavy Slave
I have no other choice but to move my 2x4 cage with my two boys into my room and underneath my loft bed. If you have any creative ideas for a new cage design, I'd love it! The cage must be one grid off the ground so that I can continue to have my 2x3 tortoise habitat underneath. I want to create some sort of L-shaped cage probably, because it will be a corner cage. The widest grid space is by 3 and the longest is by 5. I want to create the max amount of running space but also cut corners on the cage so that it doesn't poke out into my room as much. I'm basically going to have to get new coroplast for it, to fit to the new cage. A diagnal sided cage would be awesome! Does anyone know how to do that? To work with I have 38 grids and 9 half grids, but I can make a few more.

I'm thinking of a cage somewhat like this:

O O O O
O O O
O O

But instead of the base area being 2x3 with a 1x1 and a 1x2 add on, I'm thinking maybe I should fold grids diagonolly to fit in those corners. What do you think? And how would be the best way to make those diagonal grids? Just folding them I presume.

I would appreciate all of your help!

Here is my current cage(currently with a 2x2 loft. I'm always changing the lofts to make it interesting):

b6c7206e.jpg

Here is the new space I have to work with:

01f0fc2c.jpg

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I'm not sure how the coroplast would work, but you could definitely do a diagonal side with grids. The corners where it turns into that 45 degree angle would have to be zip tied, but the other grids could use the regular connectors. It looks like it would be a nice size cage!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.