Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Confused about fleece.

cottoncandy946

Cavy Slave
I read the a few threads on fleece and I just got kind of confused. I've heard from a lot of piggie owners that it was wonderful bedding and their piggies loved it. To make this simpler and so I don't start blabbering I'm just going to write the questions.
1: What are the pros and cons of using fleece bedding?
2:How expensive is it?
3: How does it work? Many people have told me you had to have towels and such under neath to absorb the urine because the fleece just wicks it, and that really REALLY confuses me. So knowing what I would all need,and how it works would be UBER helpful.
4:How do you clean it?
5:What do you do to get rid of feces?
I know you have tons of threads on this but the one I read, I just didn't get. Thanks so much!
Kayla

1. Pro- in the long run it's cheaper than wood bedding, also there's less chance of bumble foot because they can't cut their foot on the fleece. I have no cons because I love fleece bedding! Maybe the fact that you have to wash it instead of throwing it in the trash but even cleaning the cage is easier for me with fleece.

2. This depends on what supplies you have on hand, and what you want to buy. If you want to just buy a fleece blanket and towels to put underneath then that will be the cost. Also you can buy U-haul blankets to use underneath instead of towels.

3. The fleece (top layer) wicks the urine down to the absorbent layer (towels or uhaul pad) so that the piggy isn't walking on wet fleece

4/5. Daily you have to clean the poos with either a vacuum, rubber gloves, or a broom and dustpan, when you do your weekly clean you can just throw the fleece & towels or uhaul pad or whatever your absorbent layer is into the wash, and either hang it to dry or put it in the dryer. A rubber brush will help remove the hay that gets stuck to the fleece, or using an extra scrap of a U-haul pad has been said to work well.

Good luck!

Thanks. I think I will be switching to fleece. I'm all for easier clean up,less money,and happy piggies! :))

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.