Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Colors for fleece

sewlittle

Cavy Slave
I was about to venture into fleece and was wondering from the people in the forum that have experience with it...
what colors or prints to shoot for and what colors to stay away from.
Any opinions would be appreciated.

Whatever you do, stay away from black! Looks extremely messy within a few hours with all the hair & hay. Looks like you've shaved all pigs & then sprinkled it all over the fleece.

You will want to use a color where you can still detect sludge in the urine, or blood. Pigs can see at least a few colors perfectly, my pigs definitely prefer brighter ones. Like fresh grassy green, turquoise & funky pastel prints & polka dots. I myself like plain dull colors & such over prints, but I'm not the one living in it.

Darker colors and prints help hide poos a bit, so the cage "looks" less messy in between cleanings.

But I agree with HannibalLecter, no black. It just looks terrible all the time.

I like black. I find that it doesn't show the poop and looks pretty tidy. I have about 5 black fleece pads. It might not be a problem for me because I shake it out or sweep it up a few times a day which keeps it all really tidy. They're in my dining room so I'm really fussy about it being clean. I stay away from solids colors that are light and bright colors that show the poop. I prefer prints and mid tone to darker solids.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.