Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Colonel is acting differently

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
So I was out of town from Friday afternoon till Saturday night. My mom came to my house to stay with my kids and my critters. My kids took excellent care of my boys while I was gone, so I know that's not the problem. They were fully supervised so I know nothing bad happened to Colonel but he has an attitude problem since I've been home. He doesn't want me to hold him or pet him. He even nipped my hand when I went to put pellets in his bowl. In all other ways he's fine. Eating, pooping, playing. Let's everyone else pet him. So I guess I'm wondering if he's mad at me? Is that possible? Could he just be mad that I was gone?

Ankitpiggiefan

Cavy Slave
Could be mad at you...they have their own personalities...has he behaved like this before? What exactly does he do when you go to pet him? Run away or chatter his teeth?

pinky

Cavy Slave
They're creatures of habit. He might have been frightened of your mom and will probably just need a few days to get back to the routine. They're pretty good at assessing things so if your routine was altered after returning, he could be reacting to that, too. I wouldn't worry about it.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
He runs away and then chatters at me. He's never done this to me before. Guess I'll keep an eye out for anything else just in case. Thanks for your replies!