Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables Cold vs Warm

GGLuv

Cavy Slave
I give my chubby little Patches romaine lettuce, celery, cucumber, and carrots for treats. Obviously I keep these items in the refrigerator. Before feeding them I run a little hot water over the veggies to heat them up a little bit. Is this necessary or is straight from the refrigerator ok. :?:

Thanks...

Hmmm...I never really thought about that! I usually rinse all of my veggies under warm water (even the organic stuff I buy) so it's rare I feed cold veggies - except cucumber and baby carrots, those are cold and they seem to be fine :)

i used to take my veggies out of the frig for an hour to bring them to room temperature so as not to give them cold veggies but was informed i didn't need to do that. i now feed them directly out of the frig and there's not been a problem. in fact, as the weather gets warmer, i think they kike the cold veggies!

That's good to know jacqueline, I gave them cold carrots recently and it didn't seem to bother them.

Also, for the romaine lettuce, should I feed them only the leafy part?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.