Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

UTI/Urinary Tract Infection Coconut has a UTI !! :(

southernfury

Cavy Slave
Poor lil Coconut has a UTI again..:( !! She was just on Baytril for URI & UTI ! But last night i noticed she was having issues pooping, she would cry out everytime she goes to the potty..and her bowels where soft. I cleaned her off last night..cause i didn't want her laying with a dirty behind....So today when i was washing her off i noticed blood on the rag...i looked at her and seen she was bleeding from her girl parts. So i panicked and took her into the Vet again...They did a X-ray for Bladder stones and nothing showed up....so the vet thinks that the UTI didn't clear up with just the Baytril..(even though when i took her in the first time for the URI & UTI..her urine was dark) But after 4 days on the Baytril the dark urine cleared up...so we thought it helped her...but i guess not..!!! So now she is on a new type of meds for 2 weeks...God i hope it helps...i hate seeing her hurting..!!!

PS....do any of ya know of a good shampoo to use on lil piggies..?

Just make sure you finish the full dosage of the medication. Antibiotics are only effective when the whole cycle is taken.

Sending healing thoughts for Coconut.

As far as the shampoo goes, trying doing a search using the work "shampoo." I'm sure you'll come up with some good hits. I know it's been discussed before, but can't remember the types/brands off the top of my head.

Just make sure you finish the full dosage of the medication. Antibiotics are only effective when the whole cycle is taken.

Sending healing thoughts for Coconut.

As far as the shampoo goes, trying doing a search using the work "shampoo." I'm sure you'll come up with some good hits. I know it's been discussed before, but can't remember the types/brands off the top of my head.

She just finished her Baytril last night...it was only for a week..Now she is on something differ..for 2 more weeks. The vet has it all measured out for me in syringes. Which was really nice of her. I have to give it to her twice a day every 12 hrs..!! I'm just so glad that she is easy to give meds too..!!

Is she on pain meds? If it's a UTI, she's probably uncomfortable. How often do you change your bedding? Sometimes they like to lay in the same spot and end up laying in poop and urine which can make it harder to treat the UTI. I'd try and keep her cage really tidy and pay extra attention to the area inside pigloos, etc.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.