Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Cloroplast Thickness

GGLuv

Cavy Slave
I have 3 questions about cloroplast:

I would like to buy cloroplast sheets for my piggies cage but not sure of what thickness I should get. They start at 2MM.

How often should I change/replace the cloroplast.

Can anyway suggest a good place to purchase cloroplast. I know I can get it from "Fastsigns" but they are far too expensive.

Thanks...:eek:ptimist:

1: The 2 MM should work fine. Myself, I have never heard of different sizes.

2: You will never have to replace the CoroPlast if cared for and assembled correctly!

3: Any sign shop is your best bet. Just look for places that are near you and call to compare prices.

Good luck!

Four mm. is what most people use. Two is too thin and flimsy, and ten is too expensive.

I've had my coroplast 2.5 years, and have no plans to change it anytime soon.

Have you checked at Guinea Pig Cages, Care, Shelters, Veterinarians - Guinea Pig Zone for coroplast in your area? Also, sometimes sign companies will give you signs they've goofed up on. You may have to piece them together, but that's usually not a problem, and you can probably cut them so that printing doesn't show.

Also, google "sabic polymershapes" and use their store locator to see if there's a store near you. They make coroplast, so you might find something cheaper from them.

The recommended thickness is 4mm. You can get coroplast from plastic warehouse. They would be much cheaper. See if this one has a location near you.
(broken link removed)

I'm fairly certain you want 4mm, but I could be wrong. Also, a sign shop is WAY more expensive than a plastics company. If you live near a bigger city, the plastics company is probably who supplies the sign shop. Our sign shop wanted $52 for a 4x8 sheet, San Diego plastics charges $17.

I went to Guinea Pig Zone and was able to find Allied Plastics and they sell sheets for $9.25. They are 5.7 miles from me. Fast Signs is only 2.5 miles from me but they want $25 for one sheet. There is a sabic polymershapes in my area but they have a $50 minimum purchase.

My challenge now is trying to turn the sheet into a liner for my piggies cage.

You guys are absolutely awesome!!! Thank you so much for your help.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.