Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Climbing and Jumping?

Flower

Cavy Slave
Two of my guinea pigs are being silly this morning... They tipped over their twig hide on it's side... kinda like they did it on purpose. They are climbing on a smaller hide, jumping up onto the twig hide turned on its side... and jumping off, running around in a circle, and then doing it again. They wore themselves out, ate some veggies, and then started it up again. It's hilarious! I cannot figure out why they are doing this because I've never seen it before.

Maybe just playing?

Is it a grassy hutch?? My two girls do the same thing! They will sleep on top of it, knock it over, sleep on the side of it, of flip it allll the way over and jump inside! & instead of using the entrance holes they go underneath it to get in. But the do love it, when I clean their cage I put them in first, then the hutch and they will squeak so loud and jump in it before i even set it down. Lol, at least they are having fun with it

i recently adopted a 5 year old spayed female (elaine), who was very shy and quiet. she and jerry, my 7 mo old male, had a lovely introduction, and are now happily living together. they're in a 2x4, with 2 cabanas, about 4" off the ground, and a fleece forest. just recently, elaine has come out of her shell, and i have seen the two of them doing zoomies around the cage, jumping up into the first cabana, across, then down and up into the second cabana across and down, then through the fleece forest. elaine chasing jerry, then jerry chasing elaine. what a hoot! it's especially wonderful to see jerry enjoying another pig's company after so many months of being alone, and even better to see this old girl perk up and do zoomies and popcorning like a spring chicken!! guinea pigs - ya gotta love em!! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.