Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grooming Cleaning Boars

sarahdarby17

Cavy Slave
I know that I have read online that you should clean your boars perennial sacs and their penis out to make sure they are clean. I read guinealynx also, however, I'm not sure how to exactly do this. I'm afraid that I could injure my piggies and I don't want to do that. I bought mineral oil today and I know to put it on a q-tip. How often do i need to clean them and how necessary is it? I haven't cleaned them yet obviously. Thankyou!! :)

I clean mine weekly. You'd be amazed and the amount of gunk gets in there! There are some videos on youtube that can help you extend the penis for cleanings.

With the sacs, I just spread slightly and scoop. Very gently. Have veggies on hand!

Youtube has some great videos on cleaning! That is where I went to figure out since I need visuals when learning. One week is also what I've heard as standard. I do have one boar who get very dirty very fast however so I have had to clean him every couple of days before, though the length of time varies. Another is usually ok for a few weeks and the oldest went two years without proper care before I got him and he had barely an issue. So it depends on the pig a bit I think.

Oh and it stinks but some arn't so bad... My three are pretty tolerable.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.