Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Class guinea pig help

Angel12

Cavy Slave
My class guinea pig is housed in a small pet store cage he only has room to get out of his hidey house to eat or drink. He isnt being feed hay at all. He does'nt. Get any vegetables or fruit not even occasional he just gets vitamin C in yogurt drops and aren't guinea pigs lactose intolerant . My teacher just did what the pet store recommended. I want to help her make the guinea pigs habitat more appropriate but don't know where to start. I'm not sure if we would have space in the class room for a c&c cage. She does'int believe in c&c cage beacause she say that more sources say the should be housed in tiny cage and put in an exercise ball that she is considering buying because I said that guinea pigs need to exercise. I tried to discourage her from getting. I want to help the guinea pig but don't know what to do.

maybe u could start by showing her this site...?

Getting her on this site is deff a good starting point. Stress to her that exercise balls can seriously damage a piggys spine. Tell her a better form of exercise would be to get a piggy play pen and let him/her run around in it for one class period a day. She could even make it a reward of sorts for the class that has been the best behaved, or scored highest, ect. It sounds like she is just uneducated on the proper care of guineas. Im glad that a kid like you is in her class to try and help her. Im sure others will have great ideas! you deff came to the right place.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.