Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables Clarification Please

Squint96

Cavy Slave
So I read that I can give my pigs clemintine peels, should I wash them first? And for a corn cob is that just a regular cron cob, or should I cut off the corn kernals first, and should it be fresh or dried? Thanks!!

Of course you should wash the peelings first. You wouldn't eat them without washing them, would you?

The corn cob should be fresh, and yes, the kernels should be cut off. I give wheels of the cob about an inch long to mine, and once in a very great while I'll leave the kernels on.

So I read that I can give my pigs clemintine peels, should I wash them first? And for a corn cob is that just a regular cron cob, or should I cut off the corn kernals first, and should it be fresh or dried? Thanks!!

@Squint96, it is great that you are asking these questions. I have always wondered about the corn cob myself. Always better to ask than assume when it comes to taking care of our little piggies :)

Thanks, what about boc choy? Do I give them the whole thing or just the leaves?

Squint96, your pigs need no more than a cup of veggies a day, plus maybe a lettuce leaf or two. So unless you've got 10-15 pigs, then no, don't give them the whole bok choy. Just tear a leaf or two off.

Oh haha, I meant do they get the stem and the leaves or just the leaves- sorry for the confusion. I didn't mean the whole plant whoops :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.