Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds Chirping. So cute!

Ithilgil

Cavy Slave
I petted and brushed my cavies today during laptime, and I've gotten a different reaction from them.

Robin started purring after a minute or two of brushing. So cute! :love: She even paused from eating her favourite snack - a baby carrot - to purr.

But the real surprise was Rhode.

At first, she didn't even eat the carrot. This was strange because she usually eats it as soon as I place one in front of her. So, I got kinda worried about her. (In fact, she's usually the one who worries me, simply because Robin is the more dominant one out of the two and bullies Rhode from time to time.) Fortunately, she does start eating the carrot later.

Anyways, a few minutes into brushing and petting, I started humming. To my surprise, Rhode started chirping after a while. Or at least, I think she was chirping. She was making high-pitched squeaks, but not in an I'm-afraid or I'm-hungry kind of way.

The cute thing was that Rhode was chirping to my humming.

When I paused to hear the sound more closely, she paused. When I started humming again, she started chirping again. So cute!:lovestruc

I tried to record it with my camera, but she got scared of the camera and stopped chirping. :sorry: Oh well, I'll try it again some other time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.