Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chins Chinchilla Cage?

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
Hi, my friend has 3 chinchillas and I have been telling her to build c&c cages for them. She wants to once her room is done(they are adding an addition to her house). What is a design she could use? How much room for each chinchilla? Would you need to use the mesh grids so they can't get their head stuck? Anything would be very helpful. Has anyone made a chin cage that could post pics? Thanks.

crazyandclutzy

Cavy Slave
I think I saw a post about this in a thread about some guy selling c&c cages as chinchilla cages. Their heads can get stuck and they could brake there neck or even die! I think c&c cages are great but chin's are just squeeze into or out of anything. The space between the wires are big enough for them to get there heads through but then they can't get them back out. I hope your friend can use something else.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
I would build it about a 2X3X3 so there would be three levels. I would also use mesh grids sold at linens N things

gpcarman

Cavy Slave
I've seen pics on this site about having chin cages. I think it would work well. If you put a grid behind another and moved it so that the holes are smaller.

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
I think she could use the mesh grids from linens n things. Thanks for all your info.

SUSAN

Cavy Slave
I built up my Chinchillas cage with mesh grids and one morning Chico (one of my Chins) was hanging by his head. He managed to squeeze his head through the 1"x1" holes so be careful. Luckely Chico is still alive and doing well.

Daisy Duke
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.