Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Children and Rescues

• Thread starter cavy-cool-crazy
  • Start date

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I want to start up my own piggy rescue one day but I also want to have children. Both are expensive to do, so which do you think I should do first?

Should I have childen and then when they are of school age start up a rescue? Or should I get the rescue underway, have a 'deputy' who could run the rescue and then have kids?

I really want to do both but I don't know which to do first! Any ideas welcome!

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
I think there's a line between taking in rescue piggies and running a rescue. I'm like you, I would love to run a rescue but also have a family.

Realistically, I have some time to go before I can decide. I have until June before I have my teaching qualification, and then a year after that as a newly qualified teacher before I'm fully registered. This means that as of next August (assuming I pass!) we will have two decent wages coming in. Next step - get a house that's not rented!

When we're settled my boyfriend and I will increase the amount of space and cages we have. If he can have his computer room, I can sure as heck have my piggy room! I plan to get a couple more females and some males. I will also offer to foster for the local rescue. I am more than willing to help the rescue rehome/raise funds, but I don't think I could run a rescue myself. As for kiddies... we'll see!

Bottom line is, you are still young. Heck, I'm still young-ish. There's plenty time to decide!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.