Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Chicken...

Blog entry from old forum

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I love chickens!!

We are planning on moving even more out there(from my tiny town in the middle of nowhere, to, a house in the outskirts of the middle of nowhere!!!)... So I can have a pet chicken!! This chicken will be strictly for eggs, and when she passes she will have a funeral... And a coffin. But untill then, she will lay the only eggs I will eat(other than that I will still be vegan, not eat any other eggs. Or anything that contains eggs/egg products or dairy/anything from an animal) Because there will be no suffering invovled in her raising. I WONDER IF YOU CAN ADOPT CHICKENS!!!!!????! Although, I am not 100 percent sure I am getting a chicken. I sure hope so!

I like chickens.

animallover2424

Cavy Slave
Check petfinder.com. Have fun with your chicken. A boy at my school owns 8 and he said they are fun to watch run around and try to fly.

PiggiePaws

Cavy Slave
I love chickens!! They are so adorable, if we had some land I would definately have them as pets!

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I don't see why you may not be able to find some in the farm section of craigslist. A lot of them would probably be purposely bred chickens, but you could get lucky

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
You can adopt chickens. And you should get more than one. They are social like guinea pigs.

Holly&Fred

Cavy Slave
Chickens are best in groups of at least five, from what I've heard, so more than one would be great (plus you'd have more eggs). Good luck. :)

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Yay!! More chickens!! I will not be moving for a few years, but when I do.. Chicken party. Chicken feed for everyone!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.