Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Chewing On Plastic Tube.......... AGAIN

Zuidy

Cavy Slave
Well, Big Sis' has been driving me nuts! I really don't care that she is chewing her tube, but the noise is what bothers me.

I need to get her to stop, as I know it isn't healthy as well. I have tried Vinegar and stuff, and they worked for a bit, but still.......

I was wondering if the binder edging was flexible? Can I just let her chew, I mean really, she only chews in spurts and sometimes not at all. I just hate the noise.......

She has plenty of hay and she chews on her house a ton. I actually just chew-proofed the rest of her Coroplast wall that way she didn't chew on that. Cardboard rolls are what I used.

Replacing the current ramp may have to be my option at this point. The one I have now looks perfect, but I believe I will have to change it anyway because my Piggies aren't full sized yet. What ramp alternatives are there? Also, I need to have it closed on top. How can I do this?

Thanks!

What about this ramp? :

[GuineaPigCages.com] Chewing On Plastic Tube.......... AGAIN

Oh wait, you said it needs to be closed...
just curious, why?

You could try this style:

[GuineaPigCages.com] Chewing On Plastic Tube.......... AGAIN[GuineaPigCages.com] Chewing On Plastic Tube.......... AGAIN

Just bend grids and zip tie them for the top, and you could use a book cover to make it more covered.

Do they have anything to chew on for fun? I bought apple twigs for them, and little wooden chew blocks. They still chew on the coro, but less since they have something else.

Do they have anything to chew on for fun? I bought apple twigs for them, and little wooden chew blocks. They still chew on the coro, but less since they have something else.

I always see those apple sticks. I never sprung to buy them though. I think I am gonna just get a new ramp. Thanks though!

My pigs used to always chew on the coro and their pigloos. I invested in those little ware willow tunnels and balls and its stopped completely. It's likely just boredom for her.
A new ramp cant be a bad idea either though. :)

I got the new ramp made.

Impressed by it! I will post pictures soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.