Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Check out this Craiglist

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
It's satire. It's meant to point out how stupid it is to give up a family member (a pet) when your lives become too busy (you become too selfish).

I love it.

I saw a CL satire post where someone was looking for a good home for their 3 year old child because they got a new puppy and the 3 year old was too rough with it and they didn't have time for their 3 year old child anymore. Priceless!

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
I clicked on the link and it says the post was flagged for removal. What did it say?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Looking for a nice family

Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-07-23, 10:01AM EDT

We are just too busy with work and school so we can no longer keep our children. Our oldest is a 10 year old girl, blonde hair, blue eyes. She is in 4th grade. Our youngest is a boy, blonde hair, green eyes, He is 8 and in 3rd grade.

Please someone adopt them, we no longer have time for them and have come to the painful decision to find them new homes. We don't want to take them to the shelter because they will be put to sleep.

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/pet/380125904.html

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
A satire....a pretty good one at that!

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Haha, I love it. I have heard so many lame excuses for giving up pets- divorce, pregnancy, moving, not enough time, etc. The simple fact is that when you love your pet like you love your children, you find a way to make it work no matter what, end of story. I have moved 3000 miles across the country and I didn't give up any of my pets. I have ended up with a cat that goes to the bathroom all around the house, has attacked people, and generally is obnoxious at every opportunity he gets- but I would never consider giving him up, I love him just the way he is.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
That's great. Sometimes it can be pretty maddening reading the pets section of craigslist.

Last week in my area there was a woman wanting to rehome her two cats that she had had for 16 years. She was moving across country and thought a ten hour car ride would be too stressful... so clearly it is much less stressful for them to go to a new home and with new people whom they are not the least bit familiar with. Huh?!?! They are not furniture people!

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
She was moving across country and thought a ten hour car ride would be too stressful...

GRRR. She should try driving for FIVE SOLID DAYS across the entire country, alone, taking care of a cat and a dog. And I've done the trip THREE TIMES with my cat, making it a total of 9000 MILES. My cat meowed the ENTIRE time, I had to stop at least once an hour to give him water and comfort him. I had to try to find hotels that took pets, lug his litterbox in and out of every room, deal with urine stains on my clothes when he peed on my luggage, got covered in hair to the point where I was swallowing it with my food... Well, you get the idea. But I love my cat, and giving him up simply is not an option. And when I move back to Seattle, I will do the whole thing over again!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.