Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada cheap hay in mississauga ontario

nijohc

Cavy Slave
hi :) i tried to order some hay from kms hayloft but it seems they're having trouble with fedex so they cant ship to canada. anyone know any cheap, quality hay in mississauga?
thanks

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't know of any specifically in Mississisauga, but I drove across Canada this summer, and let me tell you, there's plenty of hay up there!

It's not a Fedex problem that keeps KMS from being able to ship to Canada, I think -- it's an export/import problem.

Look around you for horse stables. Guinea pigs can pretty much eat any hay that a horse can eat, except that horse can tolerate more alfalfa than a GP. Check farm and feed stores, and craigslist.

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Also look at Kijiji, I've seen some ads for hay in my area there.

nijohc

Cavy Slave
yeah i tried looking at kijiji and yellowpages. all i've seen are farm equipment suppliers, and nothing like hay or bedding for animals. :(

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you've got farm equipment suppliers around, there's hay there somewhere. Call some of those suppliers and tell them you're looking for hay, and see what they say.

If you google "timothy hay" mississauga, you'll get a bunch of hits for hay. This chinchilla site says you can pick up 50 pound bales at the store in Mississauga: Ontario Chinchilla Store

nijohc

Cavy Slave
it looks like the 50lb bale is for ajax/pickering. the mississauga one seems to be a chinchilla rescue with a supply shop. no hay though.
also i've tried google, and the very search you did. none of them are what i'm looking for

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.